Friday 31 January 2014

Best laid plans and all that

So it's been a while, sorry my loveys, I always have been a lazy blogger. To be fair though, at the moment it feels like I get home from work and have no ability to anything except sit on the couch and maybe do a tiny bit of sewing/knitting/embroidery/crochet. 

The main reason I haven't posted though? Because I haven't finished anything! Lots has been going on but nothing has been finished!

My hexagon quilting isn't much bigger than the old pics i have posted, this is because I've done it a little bit wrong and stitched two together the wrong way, when i started to unpick it a bit of fabric ripped. I panicked, put it down, and haven't picked it back up yet :s

But it's all good. Because... I have been given a gift...













It doesn't look as gorgeous here as it does in real life. I think that is mainly down to the fact that daylight only happens while I am at work so I don't get the chance to take many pictures in good light. 

Maggie, the lovely colleague who gifted this to me started it when pregnant with her daughter but after a while it got tucked away and left. Now when she was clearing out I get it! I think I can class it as vintage, we reckon it's 24ish years old. My new rule is, if its older than me then I can call it vintage. And its a while year older than me!!

It has a pattern to it, about a third of the quilt is handstitched together so far and I can see it but there are no instructions to carry it on with. Is that a problem? NO!!!! because of this...











Every single hexagon is numbered so i know how to attach them all perfectly!! I started on wednesday, cuddled up in bed watching the final of celebrity big brother whilst the mr watched the football in the living room. I didn't get masses done but CBB was worth it. I can't believe Jim Davidson won!

The next thing I wanted to share were some new additions to our home since the last time I blogged













These little darlings live with me now! I love them to pieces!!!! I feel that I need sewing baskets, this is because my house is full of plastic carrier bags with half done sewing projects and I don't want them to be in plastic bags. I want them to be in pretty pretty boxes that I can be proud off. 

These are all from vintage mischief in Beccles and I love to think about the people that used them and loved them before they came to me. The aqua and cream one is my favourite. It looks a lot smaller than it really is in this picture. The little green sugar bowl will end up with candles or trinket in it when we have redone our living room. At the moment we have a dark red feature wall and lots of browns and reds. Instead we are going for lovely fresh greens when we get round to it and can afford the things we want in there. 

I was lucky too with the aqua basket, these sort of size ones I have seen in that shop are £25 and upwards. I was chatting to the man and he told me he had just had this in. I loved it stacks but it needed a really good clean inside and out (some parts were dark blue before they were baby wiped) so he said I could have it as is for £15!!! Bargain! It's sitting next to my couch because it's just too pretty to put away yet!

The other one is a cutie too but I really loved it for the material on the top. It's on the insides too!
















It makes me want to sssqqqqquuueeeeeeeeee!

Thats it for now folks! It's getting past my bed time and even though it's the weekend tomorrow I have to be up early! Going on a trek to London with my Breakthrough Breast Cancer ladies to go to a charity event. Want to know the best bit though? I get to meet up with my bestie flatmate from uni!! Literally can't wait! And I'm taking my camera and some spare batteries for the trip so hopefully I'll come back with lots to share. I've got my fingers crossed for something sewish.

I'll leave you with a pic of my beautiful Mimi. Black and white too, I'm learning to use the camera!















Happy sewing!

No comments:

Post a Comment